Monday, June 15, 2009

Ya me Fui a Jaguel!

So, this transfer was quite a surprise. Elder McConkie's been in Quilmes 3 for 7 months now. He's been there ever since I got to the country, and...he will remain there training. I got kicked out to El Jaguel in the Zone of Monte Grande. I'm replacing little Elder Chavezito who I lived with in Solano. My comp is Elder Jensen from Gilbert, Arizona. He goes home in 2 transfers. The worst thing about leaving is that the family that we were going to complete will be getting baptized this next week and I won't be able to be there. That's a bummer. I was finally getting used to Quilmes 3 and the members and now I will just have to start over. I guess there's a need for me somewhere else, digamos. (so they say). Elder McConkie will be training and also be the District Leader. He's a great missionary. He and Elder Fafai were awesome workers.
We met Elder Moody's parents and showed them around a bit. They are really nice. Sister Moody said she is going to call you mom and tell you I'm good. I'm sure I will learn a lot from my new comp. There's a reason we're together. We're going to work hard. We've got a ward of about 80 people I think. I'm not sure of anything about the area as of yet since I have never been there. It's pretty close to Ezeiza by the Temple. Just one station before the Temple. I can't believe I'm leaving. I would have bet tons of money that I would have stayed, not pesos either...dollars...pero, que se yo. Nada, obvio! (But what do I know?! Obviously nothing!)
I heard Laynie broke her leg. That's sad. That's awesome that Brandon blessed his new baby. What a great family we have! Soooooo blessed. I have hardly slept the last 2 nights. I was just packing and thinking. It's so crazy that I'm already out of here. Yesterday we found a family of 7. Such an awesome family. They were playing outside one day and I was like WOW! A family! So I was like, "Conk, we've got to go clap that house sometime soon". So, we did a few days ago and set up a cita (appointment). They're super interested and their kids are awesome. They all listened and said they would read and pray about our message. I wish I could be in Quilmes 3 right now. I'm not going to lie. Plus, our pench was amazing. But since when does it matter what I want?! I've got to work with what I've got and I will. I'm excited for this transfer. Our zone should be awesome. Elder Lewis is in our zone. He's the one I lived with in Solano. Paula, the girl we baptized and her family bought me a cake. They pretended to take a photo and smacked it in my face last night. I didn't even see it coming! Elder McConkie got it on video. Son locos! (They're crazy). It was pretty funny, I'm not going to lie. Well, I love you all so much and am so grateful for each and every one of you. I love my family! You're great. I Love the Church. I know it's true. Now more than ever. I love the Book of Mormon. I'm still reading the New Testament, but it's so hard to not just want to pick up the Book of Mormon instead.



Since Gavin has not been able to send me many pics as of late, I am combining last week's email with this one. I'm hopeful for new pics real soon!

Hi Family,
So you're going to be mad at me, but I forgot my USB plug for pics again. So this week was kind of weird. It's always interesting adapting to a new area, esp. when I had just gotten used to Quilmes 3. Wanna know the worst thing though? Elder McConkie is training Elder Tayler from Canada. (Gavin golfed with Elder Tayler's brother at UVU). Small world. Oh man, I was going to take a video from our roof in El Jaguel to show you the area. It's a way nice area. No j/k. It's not, but super tranquilo (mellow)and it's right by the airport so planes take off and land over our heads every ten minutes.
I got sick again this past week. I don't understand it. I've always got something. I had a gnarly fever that woke me up every 5 mins. sweating or being super cold.
As far as the work goes, we found 4 this week and doubled our investigator pool. The people here are super duro (tough). But I think that one of them will be baptized. He's from a part-member family. El Jaguel is my most unattractive area so far, but it is the safest, so mom, don't worry!
I can't believe that Ashten is going to go to Honduras and Mike will be heading to Russia. Chris served in the Philippines so they have all served in different countries. That's awesome!
Tomorrow we have zone conference with Elder Aiudukytis. That will be awesome. He seems like a great guy. That's too bad that my package got "lost".Stupid ladrones (thieves). Sorry if this email is lame. It's probably because I'm feeling kind of lame. I'm sick of being sick. Today for P-day we played basketball and soccer and the hermanas made us tacos. It's weird having hermanas in my zone. We have 6. Our district consists of us and 4 other hermanas.
This last week we had stake conference so I still don't know the ward too well. I'm looking forward to next Sunday so I can get to know them better. Welp, that's pretty much it from Argentina. Mom, I had a dream that your neck was hurting you and you said you wouldn't be able to get your strength back. It made me nervous, so mom...how's your neck? And yes, the weather is cold here. It doesn't matter what I wear. The humidity goes right through to your bones. Even with wearing gloves, my hands and feet are so cold. I'm not cold, but my hands and feet are literally so cold that every time I shake someone's hand, they freak out. haha...well, les amo mucho!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: