Monday, October 12, 2009

Adios El Jaguel...Hola San Clemente...

Well, they know me too well I guess...they sent me out to the coast the day before Jill gets here! haha. I am in San Clemente with Elder Ordonez. I was super surprised that I left El Jaguel as well as Elder Harris behind. I felt like that 6 weeks just flew by, literally! I needed another 6 more weeks with him and the area. But, that's what happens I guess with the mission sometimes. I am just finally getting here to San Clemente. The assistants had to drive us out to Dolores cause today is a holiday. El Dia de la Raza. We were going to celebrate it with the people in El Jaguel this Saturday with stands of food from all different countries. We were going to make pancakes and syrup and of course, root beer. Good mixture, no? But it turns out I've got other plans this week. I am in the Coast!!! It's awesome. I really haven't seen anything yet. We've only walked one block so far and the beach is like 5 cuadras away. I know the branch is super small. Like 10 people attend church on Sundays. The Branch Pres. and his wife are not from here. He doesn't have any counselors. It's going to be such a different mission out here so far away from everything. It's super tranquilo. (easy going) I'm going to love that part. But, I'll be separated from everyone. I won't even go to transfer meetings. We won't meet as a zone. Just me and Elder Ordonez. He is from Chile. He likes soccer like all latinos. He's tall and pretty nice. Hasta ahora (for now) haha. He's been here for 2 transfers. He's the only member besides his aunt in his family. I'm really excited to work here with him and the people. It's going to be awesome. I'm kind of confused about what goes on here. It's just all new for me. New area, comp, situation, branch, just everything. And of course, Elder Bednar would be coming to the West mission this transfer and now I won't be able to go because I'm too far away on the coast. Also, you have to baptize 2 people in order to be able to go for us in the South mission. Pres. said if you have a friend or a novia (girlfriend) you can't go either. But, Elder Harris will be able to go for sure.






We had 3 fechas (baptismal dates) coming up for this next transfer and 3 others that I think will be ready soon. I was hoping to be there to help them get to that point. I was really starting to enjoy the ward and the people that we were teaching. I was pretty bummed but at the same time, excited, just cause it's the Coast! I won't be able to see Elder Fafai give his farewell talk or meet his mom either when she comes to pick him up.

Remember Ramon from Solano who we baptized from the familia Gonzalez? He's the one who can't see very well. He served a mini mission for 3 weeks. He spoke at transfer meeting and gave his testimony. His whole family was there. I love that family so much! I was so happy to see them there, all dressed in suits and with the Melchizedek Priesthood. Even Lucas "the black sheep of the family" (that's what they call him) baptized his friend. He has the Aaronic Priesthood. Ramon and I gave a blessing of health to Lucas after transfers. I can't believe how awesome they are...so great! I'm still shocked I left E. Harris. He was an awesome missionary. We got a long really well, the last few weeks especially. He's just a super hard worker and super happy to be here on a mission. A really good kid! He'll be awesome. I trust him with the area. I just hope he doesn't get lost too much!

I was going to take a picture of Jill's plane as it flew over my head in El Jaguel pero que va hacer (what are you going to do)! Me echaron con proposito!

Happy 1st birth Laynie. I'm your uncle, your favorite one. You may know me more as a cardboard cutout designed by Big D. But I'm real! Well, I love you all. The Church is true! So true! Give references to the missionaries!
Elder Rice
Posted by Picasa

No comments: