Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I Come From the Land Down Under!






Hey Fam,
What's Up! So, another week is in the bag. We had a super successful week! We did 2 intercombios and had interviews as well. So, there was some traveling time in there. We almost reached the mission goals in every column except for we needed one more baptismal date and one more lesson. We would have been given ties and could have written our names and area on our zone flag of Avellaneda. We were close, but we got 4 of our last appointments on Sunday and we are going to re-activate a mom and complete her family. It's going to be so awesome!! We are super excited. We found 7 investigators again. We've been finding like mad! The Zone Leaders found 20 I just read in "La Estrella". That's crazy! They're capos. (studs). Elder Porter is one of my ZL's. I call him my "casi comp", (almost) because we were almost made comps after an "almost" emergency transfer. It didn't happen though. We have been teaching like mad and are having some awesome lessons. If I had a penny for every time Elder McConkie has said, "I love my life"! I would be a very rich man. But it's true, we've been super blessed in this area, Quilmes 3. It's awesome. We've got a huge investigator pool and it just keeps growing. We will be having a baptism this Saturday and should have a bunch of investigators there as well. We're hoping to baptize the next 3 Saturdays, and it WILL happen, if I have anything to do with it!

I pray everyday that everyone is happy. I really hope you all are. I miss you all so much and am so thankful to have you as my family and to be here in this crazy, crazy world of Argentina. I am so blessed it is ridiculous. Whenever I complain I feel stupid after because I am so blessed, but then, I hardly ever complain so that's really not a problem...I love the scriptures. Every morning after our study session, Conkadonk and I just get so pumped up on how true the Church is. It's so clear to me that I just want everyone to know it! I've still got plenty of time to do my little part though. I love the mission life. It's awesome! I love learning Castellano. I haven't studied nearly as much as I should have, but I feel comfortable with it. It's such a blessing. I love being able to communicate better with the people.

P.S. I made a contact on the train the other day and got a reference for some Elders in Quilmes. When we got off, I shook her hand and then she and Elder McConkie had THE most awkward beso (kiss) I have ever seen! I still laugh thinking about it! haha.

P.S.S. Me and Elder McConkie are in charge of Sacrament meeting this next week. I have to speak again. We teach the classes and give talks, and now set up the meeting? haha...I Love Argentina.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Venna said...

Que te pasa con tu pelo! O debe decir...que pelo? ha ha Muy Corto Che' Flaco!

Pedaling said...

my parents sure enjoy reading these posts.
we love gavin!