Tuesday, May 11, 2010

New area new Comp...

First of all, Happy Mother's Day mom! Wow! I'm retarded...I didn't even say that once and we talked via SKYPE! I'm sorry, but hope you had a great mother's day...(No worries Gav...your call made the day PERFECT)! So, I'm in La Plata. My area is El Bosque with Elder Holladay from Pennsylvania. Our area includes the Stadiums of Estudiantes and Gymnasia, the two soccer teams that are huge rivals here. It's pretty rad! I've always wanted to go to La Plata so I could say that I was from Estudiantes. I've had the jersey for like a year but now I can rep it with pride! We have bikes! But my pedal is broken so it's in getting fixed. I'm excited for bikes. I've never had an area with bikes. Our area is pretty nice. We have villa here but it's like nicer parts of some of my other areas. It's way safe so no worries. And, I guess there are a ton of Peruvians that cook us food. We have lunches every single day. That's so crazy! I've never had that! But, I haven't met any members yet. I didn't have time to write yesterday because we got back late and had to go to a cita. It felt so weird...we taught at like a table with an educated couple. I don't know how to explain it but it was just weird. It's got a different "ondo" (I'm thinking that means feeling) over here. It'll take some time to get used to.

So anyway, back to the phone call...So you heard me right, when I asked if we were going on a family vacation when I get back? That would be fun. It was really nice talking to you guys. It made me realize how much I actually really do miss you all. Especially Troy and Laynie. I wanted to hold Laynie upside down like Cam was and dance with her and stuff. I can't wait to be able to do that. I hope they don't grow up too much in the next 4 months. Hopefully I'll have some more "sobrinos" (nieces and nephews) and will be able to be a part of their first two years. but anyways, oh yeah, if you're going to send me a package, my comp just got a package with a bunch of great stuff and I don't think he's into sharing. I've already dropped way too many hints and he's not responding, haha...but yeah, okay beef jerky would rock. Reece's like the egg ones from Easter. I don't know why, but they're so much better, like those tree ones you sent me for Christmas...way good...sour patch kids. The watermelon ones too. I dunno if you send something, just surprise me.

Guess what? Elder Ingram is my Zone Leader. That'll be fun. I have hermanas in my district again! And Elder Thuesen and his nuevito (new missionary) that he's picking up right now. He came in when I trained E. Harris. Harris is training too. He's in La Plata as well but in another zone. I'm in Villa Elvira or something like that. There are 3 zones here in La Plata. But, anyways, here's some fotos of the last week in La Carolina o sea (in other words) El Parque.
Love you,
Love, Elder Rice

No comments: