Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The past week in review...





Family,
Wow...Laynie being sick scares me! I am so glad that she is doing better. Sounds like Cam and Naomi have had their trials lately. Man, life can be tough sometimes. Good thing we have and live the Gospel so we can always have the true happiness that it brings. Mom, you're sick now? If I was there I would give you a blessing, but you should have dad and Cam give you one. Priesthood power is real!

Adam and Ashley, happy birthday last week. (Actually Gav, Ashley's is the 23rd. Don't let her know you forgot or she'll be ticked haha). Sorry I missed the parties. One thing led to another and it just ended up that I wasn't able to make it. But, I'll be there for the next one. Well, almost a month after...we'll just extend the party. Oh, and my lumps are gone mom, so don't worry about them. I am not worried the slightest bit. I don't know why I was. I guess it's just the whole neck thing ya know. You would understand more than anyone since you've had neck surgery. How is it doing anyway? I hope it has healed completely and you have all your strength back and more. I always pray for that.

I hear Jill gave an amazing talk, again, and that things went well. I wish I could have been there, but thank you for recording it. That was good news to hear. I will be anxiously awaiting for that to come. I feel so blessed when I think of the family that I have and all that I have. I get humbled out here a lot.

This week has been really great for me. I have felt the Spirit so much more and feel like I have been guided and accompanied by it. It makes the work so much better and effective. We have a lot of finding citas (appointments) this week and a lot of menos activos (less actives) we hope to re-activate. We pulled out some fechas (baptismal dates) with those girls in the family Alavena. We are so excited to complete this family. We just hope we can get the parents to come to church now. They are supportive and want it for their kids but don't see the importance of it for themselves...yet! I found out that stud of kid that we baptized in Solano, Carlos Carranza o sea Jose Smith (in other words, Joseph Smith their nickname for him), is still going strong in the church attending all the meetings and activities. He's super fiel (faithful). Even his mom has now gone to church a little. She still doesn't want to listen to the missionaries, but I think it will be only a matter of time.

Many of you said this week that I am coming up on a year. That's pretty crazy. It just means that I have to work that much harder. I am excited for the future. So excited! And for those of you who think I am not happy...I AM! I am happy and doing great! Better than ever to be honest. I LOVE the missionary work!

Today we played futbol for P-Day. It was really fun. It has been awhile since I have played and today was way hot. It's still winter here but the sun was out and it didn't really feel like winter. After we watched Ice Age 2...in Spanish. I hate when the latinos win on what language we watch movies in. haha. It's still pretty funny though in Spanish I guess. Thanks for caring for me and for always being there for me. It's comforting to know that I have such a good family and friends. Speaking of family, Adam do you know the family Desantos? She is from Mar Del Plata. You served there for awhile you said and she is married to the bishop here. They both served in Columbia. She wanted me to ask you. I didn't know how to say your name in Spanish (Hoybjerg is Danish Gav :) I can't even imagine how they would pronounce your German last name.

Anyway, thanks to all for being such a good example to me and helping me in good times as well as in bad. Keep reading, praying and going to Church. And, if there's time, hit the lynx. That's important! Have a good week.
Love, Elder Rice

P.S. Mom, your Castellano is a bit rough ( yo se eso Gavin) I will help you when I get home!

P.S.S. Gavin, your spelling is a bit rough! That's what Castellano will do for ya! I will help YOU when you get home! haha!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: