Thursday, September 3, 2009

Mejor que ayer (Better than yesterday)...

Sister Asay, President Asay, New Elder Harris, Elder Rice
My dearest beloved brother's and sister's,
First of all, I would like to give a big congratulations to Veener. Congrats on the par on hole number 15. That's a good par 4. I'm glad I wasn't there or you would have beaten me on that hole. I always leave my tee shot out right on that one and in the hazard! Tushay mama'.

So, the day has come. We had transfer meeting today. It's always good seeing everyone even though now I feel as if I know fewer of the missionaries. Everyone's just leaving me. Jensen went home, well, he's headed home. We got a fresh start now with a new transfer and lot's of work to do. I'm excited to have that fresh start. There's lot's to be done in El Jaguel. It's funny how whenever I am asked where I'm serving and I tell them El Jaguel, their like "ohhhh, that area's dead or just a hard area. So we gotta change that somehow. I don't know how, but it's gotta change. This transfer will be fun. Especially because tomorrow I receive my "hijo" (new missionary). I'm training! It'll be awesome! President put me up to District Leader as well. My back hurts, because my backpacks full of responsibility. It should be fun though. I am excited! This will help me learn a lot, while getting to help other's at the same time. My district is the same as last transfer. 4 hermanas and 2 elders plus me and my comp.

This week was great. The Familia Alvarez came to Church, finally! The parents are members and the kids aren't. We have 2 fechas (baptismal dates) with the daughters and hope to re-activate the parents. That would be awesome! I'd love to complete this family! We needed them to do complir (follow through) with something and they finally did by coming to church. Probably because it wasn't cold but still, they came! Speaking of weather...it has been so hot this last week. It's not even Spring yet and I've been sweating like a fool! I can't imagine how hot it will be in a couple of months from now. The Winter was soo short. At least today it has been raining and cooled down a little bit. Oh, and before I forget...Wow Mom, thanks so much for those packages. I would have been a fool to turn them down if I knew they were loaded with everything I could ever want. (Argentina has started charging a tax on the packages sent express mail, so now it's not only very expensive to mail from the states, it's expensive for the missionaries to claim them! Ay de mi!) That was great...so nice of you...even the 6 page letter (sorry Gav) haha. Demasiado mama' (too much) demasiado. You do too much for me. I appreciate it, a lot! Para que sepas, (just so you know), Elder Manning is going to come back with me and stay at my pench tonight because he's going to be training as well. He's so funny. I love this kid. He's like from California and used to surf. He talks "surfer" talk like that!

Things are going well here. Hopefully every day just gets better in El Jaguel. Just like Jorge Cruz would say every time we'd pass by. I'd ask him how he's doing and he'd always and still does reply "mejor que ayer" (better than yesterday)! That's how life should be. Think of how good life would be if we could look at it that way.

Well, I hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend. Go play golf and eat good food. That's what I would be doing if I was going to St. George with everyone. Que la obra crezca! Y Que El Senor te proteja en tu viage. Les Quiero mucho. (That the work increases, that the Lord protects you in your travels. I love you all a lot.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: