Monday, September 28, 2009

Oh Happy Day! Baptisms in El Jaguel!

Hi Family,
This week was great! Despite the rain, we baptized yesterday! I baptized Jessica Candia and the Uncle baptized Maria Fernanda. The Uncle was so happy for that family to have the Gospel. He is from Ezeiza. He's the Elders Quorum Pres. He and his wife are so short as you can see below. They are really strong Saints of the Church. Just awesome supportive people. They will really help the family Alvarez stay active. I just wish they were in our ward to help them come every week. It's been really awesome re-activating that family and teaching them. Especially because there is always a bunch of other people that live with them. They always listen to what we teach. I know that it will be only a matter of time until they "darse la cuenta" (come to understand) what they need to do. We baptized the girls yesterday. We weren't able to confirm them. We wanted to baptize them on Saturday but we had a service project "como estaca" (with the stake) so we were all painting a school. Now with General Conference next week they won't be able to be confirmed until the next Sunday. "Pero, que va a hacer?" (What can you do?) Hardly anyone was at Church. It was embarrassing. Not even 30 people. We don't have paved roads so the roads just turn into straight mud when it rains. That tends to keep the people away. But, the baptism was super neat, and spiritual. I was glad Jessica wanted me to baptize her. It's been a while since I've actually done it personally.

Mom, I want you to know what a great example you are to me. Some words that you once said have stuck in my mind. I never really understood why until the mission. You said, "I can't believe that all my kids have gone through the Temple! I am so blessed"! Wow, if I only realized then how lucky I was to have had that opportunity to take out my endowments. Pres. says it takes like 50 times of going through until we are worthy of it. I can't wait to be able to go all the time. We live so close to one now in Draper!!!!!! Temple blessings are crazy, insanely ridiculous and perfect! Everything has just been making sense and I love it! I love you, Tell pops he's awesome! Have a good week. Tell Bishop Dibble I am praying for him. I love that guy and hope the best for him.
Love your son!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: