Tuesday, September 22, 2009

So, here we are....



Family!!!
Hi family, sorry I am writing today, Tuesday instead of Monday this week. We had to change P day so we could go to the temple today. It was awesome! It makes me know how special the Temple really is. I love the feeling in there and the spirit. I hate walking back out into the world. I wish I could just live in the Temple. It's an amazing place. I can't wait to go to other temples when I get back because I won't be able to attend this one anymore. They are closing it to make it bigger at the end of October. I saw tons of people from the West mission today. I was thinking how crazy it would be if Jill was already here, but it's just our luck that when she gets here, they close the Temple. I did see Elder Evans one of my MTC comps today. He is training some kid that was in the same district as my hijo (greenie). He's doing great! I wish I would have taken a picture. I'm slow when it comes to thinking sometimes. I'm kind of bummed about it now, but whatever. I got sick this last week during intercombios. I had to do a couple of baptismal interviews with the worst migraine ever! I finally threw up a few times then felt better the next day. I'm sorry you got sick in Oklahoma mom but if you take the positives out of the trip, at least you were able to wear your BYU shirt amongst the Sooner fans before they got killed by Florida state! (And that I did Gav...and I WAS noticed)! Hopefully the Cougs can pick themselves back up. I heard Florida has a way good team again this year. This pleases me.

This week I about blacked out when I ran into a metal trash can thing that was connected to a tree! It came out of no where I'm tellin' ya. It was pouring rain so I was looking down watching my step and just smacked my face so dang hard! It was pretty embarrassing. It was just two houses down from where we were headed with the mission leader to give a blessing of salud (health). It was pretty funny. When we got in the house it was so hot I had to sit down and gather myself. I felt like Whit's been feeling on those drugs from getting her tonsils out!

Mom, you asked if I did any pranks on my comp Elder Harris from Washington (thanks for answering my questions Gav). The answer is some. I make him do contacts to members which is funny and tell the members to keep giving him food and then I tell him to say thanks for the "porqueria" which means crap! It's hard though because we don't have too many members we can mess around with like that nor investigators. Pero que vas hacer? About packages, I had to pay 6.50 pesos for that last one. The dollar equals 4.2 pesos now, para que sepas (just so you know). I think it cost tons because you sent three boxes. Yes, but wow, was it great! I'm still reaking the benfits. Thanks a bunch! Me tengo que ir, pero les amo muchisimo ya la iglesia es verdadera!!! (I have to go but I love you all tons and the Church is true!) I have been fasting since before lunch yesterday and Elder Velasquez made "Arroz Chaufa"! It's so dang good! Besitos para todos! Go Cougs!!!


Elder Harris' first asado!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: